Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Tweaking color scheme in PyCharm

I've decided to document my changes to the color scheme in PyCharm (macOS), which in my view improve the working mode. 

Choose the color scheme 

Preferences -> Editor -> Color Scheme: Choose Darcula 

Tweak the color scheme 

By default Darcula color scheme has operators in white color -- the same color as "Identifier" color. So when I have in code something like `var1 + var2` they are the same color, which reduces understanding of the code, IMO. Preferences -> Editor -> Color Scheme -> Language Defaults: in the tree find "Braces and Operators" and for all of them set foreground color the same as defined for "Comma" (orange in my case). 

Remove warning marks from scrollbar 

Preferences -> Editor -> Color Scheme -> General -> Errors and Warnings: "Warning",  "Weak Warning", "TODO Defaults" and uncheck "Error stripe mark". I do this to not have in the editor scroll bar only marks for syntax and other critical errors. The lower errors I'll see in the code itself. I am using the scroll bar marks to find my bookmarks and critical errors. 

So here is the result:

No comments:

Post a Comment