Kubuntu low fat settings package was removed from Kubuntu 13.10. More info here.
If you are using Kubuntu, you might be interested to do:
Kubuntu 11.10 introduces Kubuntu-Low-Fat-Settings: a collection of configuration options that reduce memory usage and even speed up KDE's loading time. This will help Kubuntu run better on older, lower-end systems.
Some of the many tweaks include:
- Turning off compositing by default.
- Disabling the automatic loading of various modules, such as bluedevil, the free space notifier, some Nepomuk services, and a other components.
- Reducing the number of default Krunner plugins that are loaded automatically.
- Reducing the amount of graphical effects used in the window decoration.
- Significant reductions in memory usage (up to 32%) and the subsequent savings in KDE's loading time (up to 33%) can be had simply by installing the package kubuntu-low-fat-settings!